Published on September 29th, 2012 | by iGoPedia0
Unable to make calls on iPhone 5 after transferring data from iPhone 4S
You just got that new iPhone 5 smartphone, booted up your Mac Pro and started to transfer your data from your old iPhone 4S to the new iPhone 5. Only to notice an error message at the front door when trying to activate your iPhone 5. Now, the weird thing is that you might have received an email from Apple saying that your phone has been activated.
If you are in a situation where you are unable to make or receive phone calls on a new iPhone 5 after transferring data to the new device (the iPhone 5), follow the guidelines below. Do note, this problem is common with AT&T and Apple’s iPhone 5. More than one user has experienced the problem.
How to fix the problem? :
- Turn off the iPhone 5 and switch it back on.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to General.
- Then go to Reset.
- Choose ‘Erase all Content and Settings’.
- Confirm by pressing ‘yes’ to both confirmations to proceed with the action.
- Give the phone some time to erase completely and restart automatically.
- After the phone restarts, your phone will look like it’s brand new again.
- Go through with the activation process when prompted like you normally would.
- The issue should be resolved after finishing the last step.